Advertise with Us!
Because we publish only 6 times a year, our coverage is more in-depth than other papers. We also feature coverage on companies that service the mining industry. Circulation includes sending the Miners News to paid subscribers and complimentary mailing to Manufacturers, Suppliers and Service Companies. The paper goes directly to Purchasing Managers at their operations and key locations. The list is put together from listings in the annually published Mining & Aggregates Directories.
Each issue of Miners News is also distributed at between 4 and 7 Trade Shows and Association Meetings for the Mining & Aggregates Industries. This offers the advertiser a much longer extended amount of exposure over a 2-month period of time for each edition.
Over 70% of our advertisers maintain their advertising plans with Miners News and the Directories throughout the year as an integral part of their advertising strategies.
Advertisers are encouraged to send their News Releases. We place your releases on the same page or very near the page where your ad appears. Pictures are welcome with the releases and draw the eye. This helps increase your advertising exposure space at no additional cost.
Links to Advertisers are posted on the Web site in the Professional Directory.
- Website Display Banner
- Website/E-Mail Directory
- Professional Directory
- Classified Listings
- Single Issue
(2 Months of Coverage)
- 3 Issues
(6 Months of Coverage)
- 6 Issues
(12 Months of Coverage)
- Mining and Aggregates Directories
- Western Region
- Eastern Region
Interested in Advertising With Miners News?
Besides the trade shows listed in our Editorial Calendar, the Miners News is sent to Manufactures, Suppliers & Service companies. As well as, paid subscribers and mining operations through out North America.
This schedule is a tentative listing of the known events at this early date2016 Convention Schedule & Editorial Calendar
December/January 2016 (173)
Technology & New Developments Edition
Ad Space Deadline: November 14, 2015
Ad Copy Deadline: November 21, 2015
American Exploration & Mining Association **
Mineral Exploration RoundUp 2016
World of Concrete
ISEE (International Society of Explosive Engineers)
February/March 2016 (174)
Ad Space Deadline: January 15, 2016
Ad Copy Deadline: January 22, 2016
SME (Society of Mining Engineers) **
PDAC (Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada)
The World Truck Show (NTEA)
National Western Mining Conference
World of Asphalt
April/May 2016 (175)
Coal Preparation & Transportation
Ad Space Deadline: March 14, 2016
Ad Copy Deadline: March 21, 2016
Coal Prep 2016 **
Best in the West-Blasting Conference
CIM (Canadian Mining Institute)
World of Coal Ash
Mine Design, Operation & Closure Conference
Alaska Miners Association – Fairbanks
June/July 2016 (176)
Repair & Preventative Maintenance
Ad Space Deadline:May 16, 2016
Ad Copy Deadline: May 23, 2016
Elko Mining Expo **
Wyoming Mining Association
Rocky Mtn Mineral Law Foundation
Rocky Mtn Coal Mining Institute
American Society of Mining & Reclamation Conference
August/September 2016 (177)
Processing & Production Edition
Ad Space Deadline: July 18, 2016
Ad Copy Deadline: July 25, 2016
MinExpo 2016 **
Nevada Mining Association
Utah Mining Association
Illinois Mining Institute
Oil Sands Show
October/November 2016 (178)
Drilling, blasting & Safety Edition
Ad Space Deadline:September 19, 2016
Ad Copy Deadline: September 26, 2016
Alaska Miners Association – Anchorage
California Construction & Industrial Materials Association (CalCIMA)
Kentucky Blasting Conference
- All conventions & trade shows have the latest edition of the Miners News available at no charge.
- Convention & trade shows with ** we attend regularly.
We can receive electronic files in the following applications:WINDOWS
- Adobe InDesign 3.0 (CS) or lower
- Adobe Illustrator 11 (CS) or lower
- Adobe Photoshop 8.0 (CS) or lower
- Adobe Acrobat 6.0 or lower (pdf) *
* Adobe Acrobat files must be distilled with “Press Optimized” Settings, all fonts must be EMBEDDED
PREPARING FILES: To avoid reproduction problems and additional charges:
- Include all printer and screen fonts and supporting postscript fonts and graphics with your ad file. If fonts are not included, we reserve the right to substitute fonts that closely match the original.
- Ensure all color is converted from RGB to CMYK and/or is set for process separation (CMYK printing).
- Confirm that the file is prepared to the size that is booked.
- If the ad is to print black & white, confirm that all color graphics have been changed to Grayscale.
- Allow 20-30% for dot gain in midtones and tritones.
- Graphics and Scans should be at 300dpi and saved in an appropriate format.
- JPEG compressed files are NOT the preferred format for printing. They may be acceptable if they are not highly compressed and the resolution is 300dpi or higher. The JPEG format compresses files by throwing away data. High compression and/or low resolution will result in jagged images and text.
- TIF(F) format is acceptable. Do NOT use compression when saving in the TIF format.
- GIF’s are NOT acceptable for publication (see above for acceptable formats).
Please include a plain text file that lists all the files/formats/fonts included when sending via email/FTP. Please fax a hardcopy of ad to Sales Rep/Art Director or send one along with your disk. Please relay the method and time of transmission of your files to your Sales Rep so we may know where and when to expect your files.
Intellectual Property Rights: The Miners News retains all of the intellectual property rights to an advertisement produced by the Miners News for the advertiser, and the advertiser agrees that such advertising may not be reproduced without the express written consent of the Miners News.
Note: Proof charges will apply. Any technical corrections or author’s corrections will be charged at the rate of $50.00 per hour.TRANSPORT MEDIA ACCEPTED / MODES OF DELIVERY:
- 3.5” HD Floppies (PC)
- 100 Mb Zip Disks (PC)
- CD Rom (ISO 9660 format)(PC)
- Email: Up to 10Mb in size; send to email@example.com.
- Compress all files (.Zip) before emailing them.
- Do NOT send self-extracting files (.exe).
- Please name your files to indicate the ad being transmitted.
For additional information on Advertising with Miners News, E-Mail or Call us today! Advertising is an Investment in Selling, not an Expense